We are a global, science-led, patient-focused pharmaceutical company. We are dedicated to transforming the future of healthcare by unlocking the power of what science can do for people, society and the planet.
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
What you'll do
As part of AstraZeneca's Global Media Relations team, the Director Media Relations develops and executes strategies to manage the reputation of AstraZeneca in the media worldwide, builds relationships with key media contacts, and advises key stakeholders in the company.
This role has a particular focus on proactive communication of the company's position on key milestones, major initiatives, issues and policies within our BioPharmaceutical Therapy Area. We're looking for someone dynamic, news-hungry and with the ambition to raise AstraZeneca's profile in the US and in key media markets around the world.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and ExperienceEssential for the role:
- Developing and implementing proactive and reactive media relations strategies that support AstraZeneca's objectives and mission.
- Building relationships with key business and trade media contacts around the world to help secure positive coverage for the company across broadcast, print and digital.
- Developing and managing communications programs, including press releases, media kits, and other materials.
- Coordinating interviews and press conferences with executives and other key personnel.
- Monitoring and analyzing media coverage of the company to identify trends and potential issues.
- Advising executives and other internal partners on messaging and media relations strategies.
- Managing crisis communications in the event of negative press or other reputation threats.
- Working with other GCA departments, such as internal communications, policy, governmental affairs and social media, to ensure that messaging is consistent across all channels.
- Serving as spokesperson for company on key company topics, news flow, and issues, while proactively pitching media and responding to incoming media requests.
Desirable for the role:
- Strong experience proactively engaging with US business media as well as pharma trade
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in managing proactive/reactive media relations programs involving complex regulatory and scientific topics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with senior leaders and supporting media interview and visibility in other executive external engagements.
- Global experience
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry, preferably also within the oncology space
- Public relations background, or journalism experience
- Bachelor's degree in natural sciences, communication, journalism, public relations or marketing
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
The successful candidate will have access to a flexible employee benefits fund, including holiday purchase and flexible time off, pension contributions, Share Save plans, A performance recognition scheme and a competitive, generous remuneration package.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.