We are seeking DE Underwriters
This position performs credit analysis of loan components for newly originated 1- 4 family residential loans, including applicants' credit, sources of income, types of property under purchase, type of loan, assets, stream of bank deposits, and debt ratios.
- Analyzes collateral appraisal report for the property, income and credit of the borrower in order to determine if the applicant(s) meets the ability to repay rules and creditworthiness.
- Examines mitigating factors to ensure that the property value supports securing the loan.
- Evaluate applicant's employment history and ensure that all income used in qualifying is expected to continue for at least 3 years • Assess overtime, bonus and commissions used to qualify.
- Analyze tax returns and profit & loss/balance sheets of self-employed applicants.
- Review borrower's credit.
- Review the manner in which obligations have been met and financial affairs managed.
- Investigate derogatory credit.
- Assess potential borrower's assets; ensure assets meet closing requirements, are derived from acceptable sources and the acceptable levels of reserves will remain after closing.
- Verifies that the loan meets program and/or investor specifications/guidelines and that the borrower profile is appropriate for the program selected.
- Decision completed loan applications within established policy limits.
- Will approve within defined Company Confidential policy authority matrix or recommend to appropriate authority.
- Also recommends declines and counteroffers to appropriate authority for review and sign off.
- Acts as a mentor to Mortgage Loan personnel to improve their knowledge of policies and procedures, loan programs, investor guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of changes to Company Confidential policies and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of changes made by Company Confidential secondary market investors and changes in Federal regulations pertaining to mortgages.
- Working knowledge of Company Confidential policies and procedures in order to avoid losses to the company.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable federal regulations, including knowledge of the Bank's Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program and related procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Represent Company Confidential in a professional manner by dressing professionally daily while in the office or when attending events.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, able to work in a team environment and proficient with computers.
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook are required. Encompass experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical with good attention to detail.
- Good judgment and the ability to work independently.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to multitask, work well under time constraints and within deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to work remotely 100%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or other related field a plus.
- Five to Ten years of experience in underwriting conventional and FHA loans.
- Active DE, LAPP and SAR Designation.
- Proficiency in underwriting complex personal/business tax returns and financial statements.
- Working knowledge of VA, Conventional, FHA, USDA, Bond, 203k loans, complex tax returns.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.