Dragados USA is seeking a Conveyor Belt Assembly / Fitter to support the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel expansion project. This position will fabricate and repair steel structures as required and support the assembly and disassembly operations.
Principal/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembly and minor Preventive maintenance and repairs on the conveyor belt
- Monitor conveyor belt operations and muck flow at the TBM to assure proper functioning. Refer major problems to the Supervisor.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to equipment operations
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to his Supervisor, Tunnel Construction Manager Equipment Manager, and Safety Manager, as needed.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness of repairs and maintenances
- Experience in construction and minor structural steel assembly works.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set forth by the US DOT
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.