ECS is seeking a Cloud Engineer - Intermediate to work in our Vienna, VA office.
In order to meet the evolving needs of the Federal Government, including DoD customers, ECS has unique capabilities and expertise in Cloud Computing to help our customers achieve their goals and meet new Cloud-First mandates. Today, we stand out as a Cloud Leader. ECS is an AWS Premier Partner and AWS Approved Reseller.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Engineer - Intermediate to join our team in supporting a large DoD program. The work will be performed out of our partners' Vienna office. The candidate ideally should possess about 8 years of total experience with at least 2 years of AWS experience.
- Responsible, with our established team of SMEs, change managers, integration engineers, system engineers and business analysts, for discovery and assessment of the current environment and for developing IaaS software leveraging native cloud services for business enabling solutions for a large DoD program.
- Serve as a cloud engineer in implementing automation solutions, developing and migrating software applications to cloud, developing configuration management, and testing software solutions in a cloud environment.
- Responsible for evaluating customers' current and anticipated needs, developing innovative solutions, developing cloud native software architectures, evaluating on-prem software applications, and providing cloud implementations for the same according to DoD customer and industry best practices and standards.
Essential responsibilities in this role include:
- Designing, implementing and deploying cloud software automation solutions
- Testing and assessing chosen software engineering products and making recommendations
- Developing software and data integration interfaces
- Acting as a change agent for technologies and supporting software engineering processes to maximize results measured by performance and availability, business agility, technology freshness, and cost optimization
- Developing and executing prototypes and technical feasibility assessments for cloud solutions
- Applying advanced technical knowledge and skills in developing cloud software solutions or problem solving where complexity, innovation and technical expertise are required
- Migrating existing on-premises software applications to cloud, leveraging a structured method and best practices
- Integrating multiple software products across cloud and hybrid environments
- Developing processes and procedures for software applications' migration to the cloud, as well as managed services in the cloud
- Understand how security policies and NAT policies work .
- Have an understanding of the REST APIs for programmability.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk and use a computer for extended periods.
- The position is generally sedentary but may require walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to move, carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds.
- This position requires that the employee is available for afterhours support such as when On Call and / or when there is a need
- Job is performed in an office place setting
- The noise level in the work environment is generally very low with minimal background noise
- Comfortable climate control and adequate lighting
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Ability to get Security+ certification
- Agile Development experience, preferably with Scrum.
- Strong technical design and development skills in order to provide scalable, efficient solutions to complex business problems, especially with Palo Alto suite of networking and firewall suites
- 2 years' experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) , Hands-on experience and knowledge of AWS services and standard, best practice configurations, including EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, Redshift, S3 and Glacier, Kinesis
- Experience designing new systems from the ground up as well as assuming responsibility for existing systems and provide noticeable and significant improvements
- Problem solving skills to troubleshoot business critical systems during outages
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to quickly pick up new technology and perform thorough product evaluations
- Able to present technical solutions to partners and custom
- Secret Clearance Active
- AWS Certification(s)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.