Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
We are seeking a CAD Designer for our Burr Ridge, IL location. This position is responsible for preparing designs and detailed drawings for capital equipment.
This position works under general supervision utilizing diversified procedures and standards. Designs components, assemblies and creates corresponding detailed drawings for engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing purposes.
- Investigates problems and requirements of projects and develops appropriate solutions
- Provides teammates with input so they can make accurate decisions
- Collaborate with engineers to provide assistance on defined problems
- Works from engineering notes, drawings, sketches and verbal instruction to create complex electronic and mechanical designs
- Participates in preparation of documentation, reports and summaries to communicate project progress and results
- Review and check project specific drawings and data sheets to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards
- Quickly learns and applies new concepts, skills and knowledge to assigned tasks.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned tasks within time and cost constraints.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Operates computer aided design software to perform drafting and/or design activities.
- Ensures that designs comply with engineering department and safety standards.
- Learns and follows established work processes.
- Travel to customer sites and equipment fabricators as required
- Manage project files and process Engineering Change Records as required
- Work with technicians to facilitate completion of design and fabrication
- 2 years experience
- Requires an Associates degree in engineering or technical related field with a minimum of 3-4 years design experience
- Proficiency in AutoDesk Inventor or alternative 3-dimensional modeling software required.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCad Electrical 2019 or later is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word a plus
- Experience with J.D. Edwards is a plus.
- Knowledge of USDA, NSF a plus, but not required
**Please note, relocation assistance will not be offered for this position**
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.