Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Business Development Manager who will manage all sales related to residential new construction and multi-family replacement for the South Florida region. This position primarily acts as a single point of contact to end-users, with intent to build Mohawk as the exclusive brand for all categories of floor covering. You'll work to reduce complexity for end-users by aligning Mohawk's strengths with the customers' needs to create success for all members of the supply chain.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain an active marketing and sales plan with Mohawk and Dal-Tile sales teams to drive ongoing, contractual business with end-users
- Call on current and prospective end-users to specify Mohawk as the supplier of all residential flooring categories while maintaining consistent and ongoing communication with the relevant subcontractors
- Understand end-user's internal structure and identify all important personnel in the sale process
- Cultivate relationships with customers during generally long selling cycles (12 - 24 months) and maintain the relationship after the sale
- Produce and distribute usage, sales data and floor covering information related to end-users to Mohawk sales and management personnel
- Manage sample orders and coordinate sample placement including Model / Design Center set-ups
- Understand and communicate to the sales and management team the relationship between end-users and their existing dealers
- Perform rebate reconciliation, product mix management and presentations to the end-users
- Conduct product knowledge and sales training meetings where relevant
- Grows Mohawk's brand reputation and specification with architects, designers, and general contractors
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or work experience combined with equivalent training and education
- 6-8 years of direct work experience in builder operations and/or residential flooring sales
- Experience selling hard and/or soft surface flooring products preferred
What you're good at:
- Exercising independent judgment and demonstrating solid time management and organizational skills
- Being self-motivated with the ability to work under little or no supervision
- Verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work efficiently with multiple projects and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with great attention to detail
- Understanding a competitive environment
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
Fort Lauderdale Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.