Location: New York City, NY
Job Title: Build and Release Engineer (Hybrid)
Pay Rate: $96/hour max on W2; $103/hour max on C2C (wholly owned entities only)
Location: Hybrid (2 Days on-site in SF, NYC, or Alpharetta, GA)
Job type: 1099 (C2C) or W2 (USC/GC/GC EAD) - W2 heavily preferred by client
Length: 4+ month contract; likely extensions
- Develop and maintain tools for code build, deployment (CI/CD), and operations.
- Design and develop solutions to fix identified problems in the DevOps environment, utilizing existing tools/processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in test and production environments.
- Provide internal support and scalability for our continuously evolving engineering environment.
- Automate and improve development and release processes.
- Identify automation opportunities to improve DevOps operations.
- Collaborate with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and functions efficiently.
- 7+ years of development experience.
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure.
- Strong experience with scripting languages and using them in automation (Bash/Python/Perl/Groovy).
- Hands-on experience on CI (Jenkins preferred), VCS (GIT preferred), and branching strategies.
- Experience with Container Platforms, including container engines and container orchestrators.
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services such as AWS or Azure cloud services.
- Experience with highly scalable and distributed infrastructure.
- Exposure to web-based software development or operations.
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies (Ansible preferred).
- Experience in a team environment where attention to source management, quality and code documentation is expected.
- Passion for best practices in computer science disciplines, object orientation, test driven design, and code reuse.
- Excited to learn new technologies and tools as our applications and systems evolve.
- Experience in Scrum development techniques is a plus.
- Strong communication skills when working with teammates, leadership, and development teams
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com