GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Benefits Specialist to join our HR Team. The ideal candidate will be highly service oriented, organized, and able to multi-task efficiently.
Pay for this position ranges from $59,000 to $65,000 and will be commensurate with experience.
Depending on location, this position may be hybrid or fully remote. Candidates must reside in a state in which Guest Services currently operates.
Guest Services offers amazing benefits such as:
- Healthcare options such as medical, dental, vision
- 401k matching
- PTO plus additional paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
The Benefits Specialist handles day-to-day benefits administration, including benefits offers/enrollment, leave of absence tracking, and processing of insurance bills/invoices.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Primary point of contact for benefits related questions with prompt turnaround for initial response and appropriate updates until resolution.
- Email benefits offer within one week of an eligible employee's date of hire.
- Provide information to employees about benefit options at hire and during Open Enrollment. Walk employees through benefit options and help navigate through family status changes when necessary.
- Work directly with vendors to resolve employee inquiries or concerns.
- Process elections (including 401k contributions and loans) and obtain proof of relationship and evidence of insurability.
- Administer leave of absence requests according to FMLA, ADA, state laws, CBA, and company policies - including for workers compensation related absences.
- Handle disability and life insurance claims.
- Ensure prompt payment of premium, administration fee and claims invoices.
- Process union dues/fees and trust funds monthly.
- Assist with eligibility file transmissions and with special projects as needed, including but not limited to HRIS testing, wellness initiatives and benefits mailings.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training may be substituted for the education. Bachelor's Degree preferred. SHRM-CP, PHR, or benefits certification or credential a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in HR and/or benefits administration. Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- PeopleSoft or Workday HRIS experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a desk and use computer and telephone for an entire workday.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English. English speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by employees in English. Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish).
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be assertive, organized and detail-oriented.
- Physical presence in the Fairfax, VA office is desired at least once per week. Limited travel.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
- Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
: Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.