States considered: NC
As a key member of the Zoetis US Poultry Technical Services team, this laboratory-based position provides diagnostic support to the veterinary field force and biodevice business. Testing is performed on: 1) commercial flocks for disease surveillance and diagnosis: 2) Biodevices to monitor environmental and/or in process contamination; and 3) experimental animals as part of both R&D and Phase IV trials. In executing these activities, the Associate will have responsibilities for: daily operations of the diagnostics laboratory (e.g., supplies, budget management, etc.); managing the Laboratory Information Management Software (LIMS) system; assay development and validation; administering live bird studies and reporting out results; and providing superior service to internal colleagues and customers. The successful candidate will work closely with marketing, veterinary services, outcomes research, animal caretakers, biodevice/automation, VMRD, and external labs.
Primary Diagnostics Services
Outcomes Research (Phase IV) Support
- Support the Lab Manager in maintaining the laboratory that services state of the art diagnostics to the U.S. customer base in histopathology, PCR, serology/ELISA, Bacteriology, and newer technologies as they're brought to the industry. Perform diagnostic tests for US poultry customers including PCR based methods and sequence analysis, mold survey evaluations, bacterial identifications, ELISA, and image analysis, etc.
- Oversee sample submission and maintain accurate and complete records of the samples collected.
- Support interpretation of diagnostic results and preparation of reports.
- Assay validation, study sampling/testing, and management of biological samples transfer.
- Work closely with customers and technical colleagues to provide top-quality diagnostic services that are accurate, precise, and expedient. Work with third-party diagnostic providers to ensure full value diagnostics are achieved with each sample (e.g., coordination of multiple diagnostics from single sample)
- Improve current testing and develop new testing capabilities in coordination with Outcomes Research (OR); Field Veterinarians (US and Canada); Clinical Research; Technical Services; third-party consultants; various university lab personnel.
Regular Laboratory Service & Maintenance
- Coordinate with OR on study development and implementation for bios and devices and execute diagnostics for those studies/protocols.
- Prepare samples/materials for supported OR studies.
- Support interpretation of diagnostic results, in collaboration with the technical and research teams.
- Collaborate in validating and implementing new surveys and processes to support existing and new products.
- Manage historical records of diagnostic findings.
- Manages all space, equipment, and supplies for diagnostic laboratory function.
- Oversee all lab safety and compliance protocols, lab SOP's, and maintain data records.
- Commercial lead for LIMS system (development and modification)
- Responsible for ordering supplies and submitting PO's and orders related to tracking budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in life sciences (microbiology preferred); experience in animal science preferred.
- 1-2+ years of related technical, microbiology and/or diagnostics experience required, experience in animal health a plus.
- Computer experience: Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, LIMS.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience working in laboratory environment, designing/implementing studies and developing/conducting diagnostic tests.
- Ability to apply technical skills and functional knowledge independently and proactively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment, and deliver high performance and quality on deadline.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, accountability, willingness to accept challenges & embrace change.
- Recognize unmet needs and propose solutions. Ability to modify existing process to improve the efficiency of the work group or function.
- Works well in loosely defined situations, where there is significant uncertainty of outcome. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- No travel required.
- Will be working with live animals.
- Will work in a laboratory environment in the office and implement studies at the local research center. Frequent travel between office, lab, and research center, all in proximity.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.