Associate Director, Sustainability
San Francisco, CA
Our client, a global leader in architecture and workplace design, is hiring an Associate Director of Sustainability to lead the global businesses on the path to Net Zero.
As our Associate Director of Sustainability, it will be your job to build an international team to support our clients in the visioning and road mapping of Net Zero Carbon, RE100 and deep sustainability portfolio programs. In addition to being a key member in establishing the internal offerings, your job will focus on helping high-profile clients define and execute their decarbonization strategies. You will work with global brands and clients on high impact projects to provide advice and calculations on their carbon footprint and deliver reports.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Compensation
- Extended Healthcare
- Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-Term Disability
- Vitality Wellness Program
- Training, Personal Development and Conference allowances
- Career Advancement
- RRSP Matching
- An Awesome Team
\f WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborate with our architecture, design, strategy and engineering teams to develop best-in-class sustainable design standards, working to institutionalize carbon metrics in all areas of the business.
- Establish process to measure embodied carbon in the project design and build phases.
- Lead the planning, designing, and implementation of client sustainability programs
- Keep up to date on any developments in carbon reporting and communicate decarbonization strategy with global and office leadership
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis related to decarbonization and net zero strategy, including modeling and analysis around carbon impact, carbon pricing, carbon abatement curves, price forecasting, and project cash flow
- Establish and maintain relationships with other sustainability consultants, NGOs, regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies
- Use expertise on sustainability to develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior team members, supporting the build-out of team of our global sustainability/net zero team.
The role would suit an individual with experience in the construction industry and sustainability. You'll be supporting your colleagues on their projects while developing our global net zero tools, systems and team. You will be supporting our global leadership in providing expert advice on the development of our client into the world leading expert on zero carbon design and construction. WHO YOU ARE:
This job has expired.
- Bachelors degree (Masters or higher preferred) in a relevant field - sustainability, environmental science, environmental engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of two industry qualifications, or willingness to complete two within the first 3 months of hire: LEED, BREEAM , WELL, SKA, RESET, etc.
- Significant experience of delivering Sustainability consultancy support for clients is essential, including the areas of energy and carbon (Net Zero Emissions), water, waste, circular economy, and biodiversity
- Experience of developing and reviewing approaches to environmental management in line with standards
- Knowledge of sustainable sourcing procedures (e.g. C@C, FSC timber chain of custody)
- A commitment to identify, develop, direct and implement key objectives
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in qualitative and qualitative research and analysis methods.