How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Significant Sign-On Bonus and Relocation assistance offered for qualified experienced RNs.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is a registered professional nurse who provides support and works in conjunction with the nurse manager of a specific unit(s) or service. In collaboration with the nurse manager, holds staff accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication, observation, and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes.
This key leader plays a significant role in assisting the nurse manager in achieving clinical and financial goals along with management of human/material resources as delegated.
He/she also plays a pivotal role in staff recruitment, mentoring and retention. He/She models the way to foster teamwork and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments.
Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on Professional Practice Model, 5 Star Nursing.
Required Minimum Education
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing school
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred
- If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from accredited nursing school
Required Minimum Experience
- Registered Nurse, actively licensed in the state of Georgia
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position or complete prior the end of orientation
- National certification in nursing administration preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Three years of clinical experience required and additional experience as a charge nurse or other nurse leader role desirable
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building; desires to see progressive nursing management roles and enjoys/seeks opportunities to coach and mentor others
- Seeks to learn and demonstrate progressive skills in the business of managing a patient care unit or service by obtaining the commitment and productivity of nursing staff
- Must be a continuous learner who seeks to better understands health care financing; strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to support work processes and make decisions
- Supports shared governance or shared decision making; manage the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and focused on quality and safety
- Demonstrates interest and aptitude to achieve knowledge of risk management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing requirements
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!