At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
3175 25th Street So. - Fargo, North Dakota 58103
This role is responsible to properly cut all types of meats into various types of cuts and all preparation of related products in the variety, size, quality, and trim prescribed by company and department standards; to ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
Here's what you'll do:
Here's what you'll need:
- Cut and weigh steaks, chops, etc. for individual servings.
- Produce 'value-added' products per established guidelines.
- Cut, trim, and bone carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts.
- Follow established recipes to grind and tray meats and make sausage and other products.
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag meat products per established guidelines using department scales.
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise shelves, cases and displays.
- Notify the manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
- Receives, unloads, and stocks merchandise.
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers.
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year retail or other related experience preferred.
Prior experience in a Meat Cutter, Apprentice role strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
- Detail Oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
As part of our People First
culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran, that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.