Group 1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001's culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets - our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Clear Spring Life and Annuity Company, a Group 1001 company, provides financial services through networks of partner Independent Marketing Organizations. From innovative products to personal service, Clear Spring Life and Annuity Company focuses on building relationships through experience, loyalty, and security. Offering a straightforward approach and delivering reliable performance in the market through fixed annuity products, Clear Spring Life and Annuity Company's priority is their clients' future.
The Annuity Marketing Sales Consultant generates sales revenue through the growth and implementation of sales marketing strategies, develops and maintains relationships with agents, brokers, sub-producers, wholesale brokers, and others who control this business in the marketplace. The Sales Consultant recruits new annuity producers and retains/increases ongoing business from existing producers through a combination of educating, assisting and communicating with independent agents and IMOs. Develops new prospects and interacts with existing agents to increase sales of products and/or services. Analyzes and interprets competitor's products, promotions and point of sale pieces to gain a competitive advantage.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Achieves sales goals, premium volumes, and revenue targets with a focus on business development by creating a culture of clear expectations of each client's goals and objectives, achieving sales excellence, and ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans for increasing revenues and premium volume and grow the client base of producers.
- Builds positive rapport and relationships with agents, brokers, sub-producers and IMOs. Reaches out to all distribution channels through cold calling and telemarketing. Understands and articulates commission triggers, commission payments and chargeback by product and distribution channel.
- Accurately answers all consumer/customer and client questions regarding all products and clearly explains product features, advantages, and benefits, including variances by state.
- Develops travel schedules and frequently meets with client base for individual and group meetings, training, promotional seminars, and other discussions. Prepares materials, demonstrations, illustrations and proposals for all activities. (Approximately 50% travel is expected)
- Educates agents on product availability, website features and benefits, and company requirements. Assists agents with matching client needs with appropriate product to assure suitability.
- Prepares materials, demonstrations, webinars, illustrations, and proposals for all activities. Creates annual webinar schedule and hosts webinars throughout the year.
- Communicates and listens for opportunities from prospective producers. Understands what the producer is looking for in terms of a company to do business with and products to offer to their clients.
- Recognizes, motivates, and supports producer sales efforts and acts as liaison between producer and other internal departments.
- Contributes analyses regarding product use, competitors' products, new product trends and participates in new product development.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Current Indiana Life and Health insurance license, or ability to obtain license within six months.
- 3 + years proven sales experience marketing insurance or annuity products.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance and annuity products, insurance law, customer service, contract provisions and company operations.
- Familiarity with state law and guidelines for insurance and annuity products and specifications
- Awareness of market trends and new product offerings
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex information to others.
- Strong sales and service orientation and ability to mentor/lead and motivate other sales professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to employ 'entrepreneurial spirit' to service existing business and produce profitable new business.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in concert with internal and external managers and staff, and build and work within a team.
- Ability to build productive positive relationships with outside agents and IMO's.
- Able to plan for and prioritize multiple detailed projects, and be flexible with schedules.
- Demonstrated effective sales methodologies and ability to develop and execute detailed plans to achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Takes ownership and accepts accountability for own performance and responsibility toward team.
- Practical knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including MS Word and Excel, and sales/marketing reporting tools.