(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
- Competitive pay
Additional Benefits: tuition reimbursement, free parking, employee discounts
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:professional growth within the organization
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD.
- Reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting and assists other colleagues including the Manager of General Accounting and the Director of Accounting Services, as needed.
What you will need:
- Prepares and posts various journal entries related to technical accounting areas including patient accounts receivables, reserves, revenue, joint ventures, guarantees, and leases.
- Reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts providing correcting journal entries as needed.
- Makes daily decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions and recommends solutions to complex accounting problems.
- Completes month-end and year-end close tasks including allocations, eliminations, consolidations, and entry of community benefit ministry and any run rates within the standard five-day close timeframe.
- Assists management in the review of departmental financial performance.
- Applies in-depth professional knowledge to solve a full range of complex problems.
- Provides oversight to and mentors lower-level Accounting Services colleagues.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple projects simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function with interruptions and still meet deadlines while working cooperatively with other individuals, both inside and outside the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Manager
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or related field, from an accredited university.
- CPA and/or MBA with concentration in accounting or finance is preferred.
- Five to seven years of accounting experience. [Healthcare experience preferred]
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Experience with general ledger functions as well as month-end and year-end close processes.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and other computer systems that aid in analysis, communication, and presentation of financial information. [Knowledge of PeopleSoft, HealthQuest, and Business Objects preferred].
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to gather and organize financial information from various data sources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to demonstrate integrity when dealing with information of a confidential nature.
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2021.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) statusOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.