Qualified candidates with a minimum of 2 years of RN experience may be eligible for a sign-on incentive of up to $10,000.
The UI Heart and Vascular Center is seeking a 36-hour per week (90%) Staff Nurse to Provide direct nursing care to patients preparing to and/or recovering from cardiovascular procedural services in the Cardiovascular Pre- and Post-Recovery Unit (CPRU). Ensure open and effective channels of communication with patients, family/caregivers and all health care team members involved in pre- and post- care of adult cardiac catheterization, vascular, and/or Electrophysiology (EP) patients.
Being a Nurse in the Heart and Vascular Center
Duties to include:
- 3 - 12 hour Day shifts with 2 rotating days off (Monday-Friday)
- Provide nursing care to patients in the CPRU including administration of medication(s) as ordered by physicians; care of patient(s) during immediate and pre- and post-procedure phase according to condition and age; removal of arterial and venous sheaths; and discharge of patient to home or transfer to an inpatient unit.
- Operate equipment including but not limited to: WITT Biomedical hemodynamic monitoring system, ACT machine, defibrillator, and others as needed; initiate troubleshooting and equipment repair.
- Apply nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Positively collaborate and coordinate the continuum of care within a multi-disciplinary team and across divisions/units. Provide effective communication/counsel patient, caregiver and/or family member as needed (including but not limited to discharge instructions, teaching, wound care, return visit, etc.).
- Serve as clinical preceptor to new and/or agency nursing staff.
- Perform patient care according to patient priority (includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses), and departmental, divisional, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Document/report interventions and patient/family response. Follows universal precautions.
- Follow policies and procedures in accordance with regulations set forth by the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Nursing, UI Heart and Vascular Center, and the University of Iowa.
- Demonstrate acceptance of responsibility; pride in work performed; flexibility in acceptance of assignments while consistently maintaining professional behavior and appearance.
- May be required to train and provide cross-coverage for adult cardiac catheterization lab and/or Minor Procedure Suite
- Perform other duties as assigned.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Education Requirement:
An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required.Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of 1-year recent Adult Cardiac Cath Lab, Telemetry, ER and/or RN ICU experience; or completion of cardiovascular services or RN ICU internship (within the last 6 mos.) required.
- Demonstrated history of positive and professional interactions with patients, families, professional health care staff, and interdisciplinary team members via written, verbal and in-person communication(s).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment while functioning in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required by start date.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required by start date.
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by start date.
- 3 years recent Adult Cardiac Cath Lab, Telemetry, ER and/or RN ICU experience (within the last 6 mos.)
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable.
- Previous EPIC experience.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be asked to provide five (5) professional references and will be subject to a criminal background check. A criminal background check and credentials verification report are required for this position. For questions or additional information please contact UI Heart and Vascular Center HR at email@example.com
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: UI Heart and Vascular Center HR Team
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org