Job ID: 239419
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America's building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 195 operating locations and 6,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
This role is responsible for supervision of employees within assigned shift in a manufacturing setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set production goals and expectations
- Oversee the daily preventive maintenance program
- Maintain adequate inventory and repair parts for all day shift production
- Analyze scorecards and day shift production reports
- Operate all production equipment
- Insure all safety rules are followed and employee follow safety program
- Supervise employees in department to ensure they meet quality standards
- Act as: relief supervisor, bowl mill attendant, yard attendant, and clay hauler and any other production function as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements / Experience
- On the job training to include but not limit to operation of dozer, bobcat, front end loader, water truck, scrapper, and development of trouble-shooting skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working in a supervisory / lead role
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- Walking up and down elevated catwalks and stairs and standing for long periods of time
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Baltimore Job Segment:
Manager, Temporary, Front End, Management, Contract, Technology