This position will manage, evaluate and enhance the return-to-work process for absences related to personal and work-related illnesses for our client. The Workplace Accommodations Specialist will review job restrictions and accommodation requests as well as medical documentation in consideration for potential return-to-work opportunities.
- Collaborates with client's Human Resources, Risk Management, and internal leadership teams to ensure compliance with ADA regulations.
- Evaluates job descriptions to maximize potential opportunities available to employees unable to return to their pre-disability positions.
- Monitors availability of work within temporary and permanent restrictions.
- Provides direction to all parties related to the area of expertise and acts as a subject matter expert on federal and state regulations and employer practices.
- Provides considerations of approval or denial of reasonable accommodations within the ADA requirements.
- Possesses knowledge and expertise on all related regulations at federal, state and local levels and understanding of the collective bargaining agreements as applicable to the accommodations process.
- Reviews and tracks medical information, restrictions, and accommodation requests.
- Maintains consistent follow-up with medical providers, department leaders, supervisors, case managers, adjusters, and other related parties.
- Obtains and documents initial and ongoing restrictions.
- Participates in various projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) or American Board of Vocational Experts (ABVE).
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources, Occupational Health or Safety. Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS) or Master of Science in Vocational Rehabilitation preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in vocational rehabilitation, return-to-work/accommodation management or related field.
- Experience assessing and coordinating return-to-work, interactive process and accommodation issues related to employment.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and court rulings related to the interactive process and accommodation in an employment setting.
- Role can be hybrid with flexibility to attend meetings on-site.