Weld/Fabrication Production Supervisor
Responsible for coordinating daily production activities of the plant to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises production operations for efficiency and safety; ensures all regulatory requirements are met.
- Develops and coordinates the production schedules to meet internal goals, as well as expectations of customers.
- Ensures that production personnel receive the training necessary to meet job and safety requirements.
- Ensures safety throughout the production area.
- Assigns tasks and examine work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Confers with the appropriate personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
- Assists with special projects involving the production department.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/department; decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support staff.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines; can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures.
- Typically does not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised.
- Has latitude for independent judgement and decision-making within defined guidelines.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company\'s values.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS diploma or GED required.
Bachelors degree preferred.
2 to 4 years of experience required.
At least 2 years of lead or supervisory level experience in a manufacturing environment.
Good supervisory, interpersonal, and leadership skills
Good reading, writing, comprehension, communication, organizational, and basic mathematical skills
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Saint Marys, Pennsylvania
Posted 2 minutes ago