The Asahi Kasei Group operates with a commitment of creating for tomorrow. Our business sectors, Material, Homes, and Health Care, contribute to the development of society by anticipating the changing needs of those around the world. We look for candidates that offer a fresh perspective and a variety of skills to help us achieve our commitment.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
General Duties of the Job:
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Technicians perform all duties associated with shipping and receiving in a manufacturing environment and is responsible for maintaining the safe and secure operation of the warehouse, including accurate inventory storage and movement of both raw materials and finished product into/out of/around the warehouse areas. Primary responsibilities include receiving materials, preparing shipments, loading trucks, and tracking inventory.
12-hour shifts. 6pm-6am. Site runs 24/7 and includes 2-2-3 work schedule.
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
- Receives and logs inbound materials into the warehouse; utilizes information found on packing slips and purchase orders
- Responsible for processing, picking, packing, staging, and shipping all outbound materials and customer orders
- Ensures inventory accuracy; participates in cycle counts
- Loads and unloads trucks using PIV's (powered industrial vehicles) -- including forklifts & powered pallet jack and manual pallet jack.
- Must successfully pass forklift testing and be able to operate a forklift in a safe and effective manner
- Must successfully pass DOT physical & be able to operate/drive a commercial motor vehicle (26' straight truck)
- Bands and stretch-wraps material using banding and stretch-wrapping equipment
- Accurately locates and dispositions materials for manufacturing processes and/or finished goods for shipments
- Uses a computer to accurately input transactions into the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. Works with Production to ensure proper updates of all relevant part numbers in the ERP system.
- Inspects incoming & outgoing shipments to ensure compliance with applicable quality standards
- Prepares and completes bills of lading and shipping lists
- Coordinates pick-ups of recyclables
- Provides assistance in the administration and purchasing of materials
- Understands and adheres to the operator instructions for the area; Ensures general quality of all work meets company standards.
- Collaborates and demonstrates good communication with team members both within the department and cross-functionally; participates on cross-functional teams; leads meetings
- Becomes cross trained in all aspects of inventory management. Trains others (new and current employees) as needed.
- Communicates via telephone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner
- Prepares and retains accurate and legible records on a daily basis
- Participates in employee involvement activities and ISO 9000 initiatives.
- Practices excellent safety and environmentally sound habits; plans safety into all work activities.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment that meets facility standards; participates in 6S activities; Organizes the warehouse space
- Supports managing data and works with Production to ensure production through-put is maximized.
- Identifies areas of potential process improvement and communicates accordingly.
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management & co-workers.
- Palletize finish goods from pack-out, ability to check for inventory accuracy within AX, scans finish goods to rack locations
- Must keep all Celgard information CONFIDENTIAL.
Note: this description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.Work Experience:
SPECIAL SKILLS (optional):
- Previous work experience in a warehouse environment & straight truck operation preferred
- Proven ability to operate PIVs in a safe and efficient manner
- General knowledge of shipping & receiving principles and guidelines strongly preferred
- Experience using Outlook and Excel required.
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Previous experience working in a team-centered organization helpful
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing principles, especially in a warehouse setting preferred
- Previous experience with tools used to scan materials (i.e., barcode scanners)
- Ability and willingness to work in a warehouse environment, working with fluctuating indoor temperatures (above and below average temperatures)
- Must have a stellar work ethic and the ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to locate information quickly and efficiently
- Able to communicate effectively with team members and other groups within the Celgard organization
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge
- Strong organization skills; able to maintain accurate records
- Equally comfortable working independently as well as within a team
- Flexible and able to adapt well to change and challenge within the workplace
- Able to work on a high performing team creating an environment where open and honest communication is the norm
- Must be able to deal with conflict productively, bringing forth issues that need to be discussed and work to forge a mutually beneficial outcome
•12-hour shifts. 6pm-6aim. Site runs 24/7 and includes 2-2-3 work schedule.
•Must be able to work overtime, including holidays & weekends, as needed or scheduled.
•The ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
•Standing and walking continuously during entire shift, 10-12 hours at a time. Ability to climb stairs and steps in work area.
•Warehouse environment, partial climate control.Celgard Benefits:
$1000.00 Sign-on bonus
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits - Medical PPO premium options ranging from $58.00-$134.00 per bi-weekly pay period.
Eligible for benefits approx. 31 days from hire, depending on start date.
Vacation - 80 hours (pro-rated based on hire date)
8 Paid Holidays, plus 24 additional Flexible Holiday Hours
Employee Referral Program Incentive
As an equal opportunity employer, Asahi Kasei believes a diverse workforce will provide us with the ability to continuously support the changes in the economy, society, and environment.
This job has expired.