The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES: The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Supervise Warehouse Associates providing guidance and expertise.
- Responsible for all warehouse operations.
- Responsible for all vacations and planned objectives.
- Develops work schedules and assigns supervisors accordingly.
- Initiate and monitor all safety policies.
- Review completed accident reports.
- Evaluate performance of Associates.
- Responsible to ensure warehouse and grounds are clean and orderly at all times.
- May conduct performance reviews.
- May interview and hire most qualified person for openings.
- May coach, counsel and provide discipline up to and including termination of employment as necessary or recommend such to Warehouse Director.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and 2 years Warehouse supervisory experience; OR 4 years Warehouse supervisory experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Previous experience in union environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Related training or certification.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Previous WMS (Warehouse Management System) experience.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
- The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Communication - Effectively and coherently conveys relevant information to managers/supervisors and coworkers. Listens to and understands others.
- Customer Service - Meets and exceeds expectations of managers/supervisors and coworkers. Acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Ethics - Seeks guidance before problems occur and promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Information Gathering - Refers to a variety of sources such as Company policy manuals, employee handbook and external resources. Compiles and organizes all the facts required to respond to request(s).
- Interpersonal Skill - Develops openness and trust with others. Expresses opposing views in a tactful manner. Makes others feel comfortable.
- Multitasking - Shifts back and forth as needed between two or more activities or sources of information. Can handle more than one assignment or responsibility during a given time period.
- Safety Orientation - Follows and promotes safety rules and procedures. Requires customers, coworkers and everyone in his/her location to follow safety precautions at all times.
- Strong ethics.
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- MS Office including Word and Excel.
* We do not provide application status due to overwhelming volume. If your skills meet our needs, we will contact you to move forward in the process.***EOE without regard to race, color, religion, creed, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, gender, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, VEVRAA Federal Contractor.**
- The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Indoor/outdoor temperatures/Office/Warehouse environment.
***If you have a disability and you need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Sr. Director of Talent and Development at 301-773-5500 ext. 2975***