Visiting Teaching and Learning Specialist - Office of Academic Programs, College of ACES Instructional Design
College of ACES Office of Academic Programs
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story.
Two positions are available. These 12-month academic professional positions will collaborate with faculty to create instructional content (e.g., design instructional materials and assessments, and co-produce online video/media content) for credit and non-credit courses and certificates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to determine learning needs, analyze learning gaps, and assist with development of new online courses or revisions of existing courses to online modalities
- Utilize theories and principles of pedagogy and andragogy to design instructional content (PowerPoint, video, drawings, media) and develop assessments for credit and non-credit online courses
- Collaborate with faculty and instructional media producers to record, produce, and design instructional content for credit and non-credit courses
- Create courses and/or add instructional content and add digital assets to a variety of learning management systems, including Coursera, Canvas, and Canvas Catalog
- Provide consultation services for faculty who are seeking guidance on course development, assessment strategies, and student engagement techniques for asynchronous and synchronous online learning environments
- Provide oversight of copyright and ADA compliance for ACES Online courses
- Collect and analyze data of key performance indicators for ACES Online courses, certificates, and degrees to offer data-driven, research-supported recommendations Teaching/Instruction
- Design, build, offer online courses as an instructor in ACES-related content areas for high school students, undergraduate students, and/or adult learnersMinimum Qualifications
Education Required: • Bachelor's degree in agricultural education, instructional design or instructional technology, education-related field, or other relevant discipline Experience Required: • Two years of teaching experience (online and/or face-to-face) with high school students, college students, and/or Extension audiences (youth and adult learners) • Experience working with and/or preparing educational content for demographically diverse populations of learners • Experience creating and teaching asynchronous and synchronous online courses and curricula Preferred Qualifications
• Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL)
• Experience translating research to instructional content for youth and adult audiences
• Content-specific knowledge about agriculture, consumer, and environmental sciences-related disciplines
• Experience evaluating online course quality and making recommendations for improvement
• Technical skills and knowledge of learning management systems (e.g., Canvas, Canvas Catalog, and Coursera), Illinois Media Space, Box, and Microsoft Office applicationsKnowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired: Demonstrated understanding and application of educational theories for design of online educational content, instructional materials, and assessments for high school, college, and adult learner audiences Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal, and organizational skills Strong written and verbal communication skills Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and projects simultaneously Ability to work independently and as part of a team Demonstrated ability to create professional and engaging visual assets to be used in designing instructional content Preferred: Pedagogical knowledge in designing online instructional materials for youth and adult audiences Content-specific knowledge about agriculture, consumer, and environmental sciences-related disciplines Technical skills and knowledge of learning management systems (e.g., Canvas, Canvas Catalog, and Coursera), Illinois Media Space, Box, and Microsoft Office applications Appointment Information
This is a 100% full-time Academic Professional position, appointed on a 12-month basis. Salary is commensurate with experience. These positions may become non-vising later depending on funding and programmatic need. Application Procedures & Deadline Information
For full consideration applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) Monday, December 12, 2022. The position will remain open until both vacancies have been filled. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact Debra Korte at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com . Requisition ID
: 1013381 Job Category
: Education & Student Services Apply at:
This job has expired.