Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Virtualization Infrastructure Engineer to be based in our Fall River, MA office.
The Virtualization Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for maintaining, administering, and implementing virtualization infrastructure. The ideal candidate will enjoy solving problems related to computer virtualization and take initiatives to provide and maintain a reliable platform used by other teams within the organization. Duties range from general maintenance of the infrastructure including servers, storage, networking equipment, and the software orchestration of these servers, to the creation and administration of virtualized platforms.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active US. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Assist in maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Assist in the provision of virtual infrastructure servers and virtual desktops per specifications
- Assist in the planning, design, and implementation of releases, upgrades, and changes to servers, storage, and virtualization systems along with the productivity tools that support the testing and production of those systems
- Contribute to improvement of administrative and operational processes
- Interact with technical team members from multiple organizations in a team environment
- Run/Maintain weekly security audits
- Disaster Recovery maintenance and testing
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or similar field
- 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with server and/or desktop virtualization in a data center or other infrastructure environment
- Working knowledge of the Linux Operating System, configuration, and administration
- Experience with virtualization Infrastructure technologies such as VMware, Citrix, KVM, XEN, or similar virtualization tools
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Understanding of storage concepts, architecture, and storage platforms (SAN/NAS/DAS)
- Experience with kernel device driver concepts
- Understanding of datacenter architecture
- Experience/knowledge with foundational computer network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, NetBIOS, VLAN, Routing, LAN/WAN
- Experience/knowledge with computer network application protocols such as NFS, iSCSI, LDAP, AD, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using available documentation or online resources
- Ability to quickly solve problems
- Initiative, reliability, and teamwork oriented
- Strong organization, communication, and planning skills
- Ability to create and employ requirements and specifications during development
- Desire to stay current with industry trends and best practices
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Capable of performing tasks independently, while still thriving in a team environment
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.