Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Assist in Development and implementation of next generation sequencing methods for Virology that are suitable for a cGMP laboratory
- Data analysis for NGS methods, instruments and Bioinformatics reports
- Execute both cell culture based and viral infection experiments and have excellent aseptic technique to prevent laboratory and instrument contamination in support of NGS
- Support method validation for NGS based methods
- Support automated method development
- Support lab efforts to generate and maintain NGS standards which may include generation of live virus stocks and DNA standards
- Author Laboratory notebooks and summany documents to aid in report writing
- Support trouble shooting of both manual and automated NGS methodology
- B.S or Masters in Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biology, Genetics, or a related Life Science discipline.
- Technical expertise in RNA and DNA handling a must, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), molecular detection of viruses, and mammalian cell culture strongly perferred
- Excellent laboratory technique
- Experience working in a cGMP or regulated laboratory is a plus
- Work with supervision to conduct experiments and studies related to method development and validation
- Background in NGS data analysis and bioinformatics is a plus
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills and an ability to work well in a team setting is strongly desired
•Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely withoutrestriction or sponsorship
•Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Durham, NCare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays