Reporting to the Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer at Mass General Brigham, the VP of Transformation will build and lead a multi-year transformation plan across the enterprise, sought at developing greater "systemness" across MGB - i.e. working effectively as a single integrated system - and implementing the MGB strategy. The role requires a deep understanding of transformation principles and organizational change management to craft and lead key efforts and serve as a trusted subject matter authority for senior leaders. The highly visible role will partner closely with leaders in Strategy, Operations, Human Resources, and other key departments to effectively execute on the transformation plan and reach all areas of, and leaders throughout, the MGB system.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead senior leaders in developing a multi-year system transformation plan, and ongoing transformation efforts, that develop, enable and support "systemness" - i.e., working effectively as a single integrated system - and implementing the MGB strategy.
- Lead senior leaders in continually refreshing and developing new multi-year system transformation plan to support future MGB strategies.
- Develop specific action plans - at the organization structure, process, behavior, and attitude levels - for enacting the system transformation plan.
- Spot, diagnose, and work with leaders to develop solutions to obstacles to working as a system.
- Develop mechanisms to improve cross-system collaboration, conflict management, decision-making, etc.
- Closely collaborate with Strategy, HR, Operations and other key functions to craft, implement and coordinate efforts around the system transformation plan; help to support specific organizational change efforts these other functions are leading, and partner with them to develop the required demeanor and skill across the system to successfully lead change.
- Closely work with Strategy and Internal Communications to develop and implement communication plans and activities that support strategy implementation and transformation efforts.
- Monitor and help leaders take corrective action around, transformation progress.
- Drive continuous learning around what gets in the way of and what enables system collaboration.
- Serve as a member of the Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer's senior leadership team.
- Use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have 15 years+ of organizational change management, transformation, and/or strategy implementation experience, preferably in large organizations.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business, Healthcare, Organizational Development or Psychology, or related field required.
- Healthcare experience is a plus, but not required.
- Deep understanding and expertise in organizational change and transformation
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled in project design, diagnostics, solution design, alignment, solution implementation, measurement, and organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships in a highly sophisticated and changing environment.
- Experienced in working with, advising, and managing external advisors and consultants.
- Adept at partnering with and influencing senior leaders.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including strong verbal, written, and social skills.
- Proven track record to lead and empower in a sophisticated and changing environment
- Skilled in negotiation with and effecting alignment among clinicians and administrators, at all levels, but particularly senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to sophisticated problems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Able to self-manage and make tactical decisions
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products
- Possesses an understanding of computer system capabilities to address process requirements
- Responsible for handling a budget as required by leadership
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
- Local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, and stoop; kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.