UX and Product Designer
Benjamin Moore is looking to hire a UX and Product Designer to join us in our digital transformation to create customer-first experiences. This role is hybrid with three days on-site and is work from home on Fridays and one other day of your choosing.
You’ll work on our UX team with our creative team at large, developers, and product owners in an agile process model to deliver design work. This position will be responsible for the execution of product designs for BenjaminMoore.com, our e-commerce platforms, and mobile apps. This position will also assist with accessibility from our employee experience to design process and digital products.
The ideal candidate has prior experience in e-commerce B2B/B2C digital experiences. Additionally, this person is an efficient and organized team-player and an advocate of design culture.
- Collaborate with the product engineering team to deliver best-practice inclusive and accessible designs based on user stories, UX research, and analytics.
- Work with our UX Team and Sr. Manager of UX & Digital Design to align creative, product, and engineering on vision and execution.
- Work with our Digital Marketing team to successfully integrate our new digital style into our omnichannel experience.
- Follow established design patterns and standards for Benjamin Moore and help iterate on new ones.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and/or written and visually.
- Deliver experiences that enhance customer and user joy, ease of use and conversions through the paint and home improvement journey.
- Brainstorm and work with other creative partners to develop briefs for new and evolving projects.
- Execute all design concepts and deliverables according to established timelines with minimal supervision.
Required Knowledge & Desired Skills
- 3-5 years of experience designing and delivering digital products in cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, UI accessibility.
- Proficiency in user journeys, wireframes, and information architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and ownership of identifying design steps from goals and vision.
- Proven record of partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Experience using analytics, data, and testing to help make design decisions.
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of User Experience design processes and methodology.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools (we use Figma and are building a component and variant-based design system).
- Interest / experience in user research.
- Interest / experience in new technology.
- Interest / experience in accessibility for design.
Bonus points for:
- Lived experience that adds perspective and nuance to your work.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS/JS (no coding in the job, just talking with dev/accessibility partners).
- Design system experience.
- Designing for inclusion.
- UX writing.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee’s student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law. Company ProfileClick here to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
This job has expired.