What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
We are looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager (Lead), who will work with our cross-functional teams across Walmart Global Tech, to enable us to more efficiently execute on initiatives that are business critical.
You will make impact by...
You will sweep us off our feet if you.....
- Owning and driving of complex programs, forming a portfolio of workstreams that are geared towards achieving business goals of different market segments.
- Owning and driving complex, multi-disciplinary and multi-product technology projects using your techno-functional expertise.
- Ensuring planning through deep discovery, scope and feature set of programs, understand and articulate detailed requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Understanding systems interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions
- Being equally at home explaining your team's analysis and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- Proactively and effectively communicating program statuses, identifying potential risks and setbacks, and developing mitigation strategies
- Constantly striving to develop best practices in a changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery. Ensuring program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review
- Actively driving and contributing to resource planning to ensure program success and driving internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
What you'll bring....
- Have a strong technical foundation and are natural motivator, cross-functional relationship builder, and a champion for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Manage complex business problems in terms of people, processes, and technology to enable teams and deliver best-in-class products.
- Are able to exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects, and products realistic and attainable within a given timeline.
- Have strong communication skills that are succinct and tailored to stakeholders, team members and executives alike.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields and 5+ years' Technical Program Management experience working with design, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders, OR Master of Science and 2 years' experience
- An ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies, and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Knowing how to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
- Agile methodologies experience
- Experience working with technical teams with interest and the ability to learn other technical areas as needed.
- Problem-solving and organizational experience across multiple teams.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world. careers.walmart.comBenefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
* Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related area and 5 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
* Option 2: 7 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in Project Management., Master's degree in Business Administration, with specialization in strategy, supply chain, finance, information systems, or related area and 3 years' experience in product design. Primary Location...
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America