What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As part of the Walmart Global sourcing organization, you will be responsible to design and build high performing systems and systems integrations which are production ready for an enterprise level source to commit platform.
Our team collaborates with Walmart International, which has over 5,900 retail units operating outside of the United States under 55 banners in 26 countries including Africa, Argentina, Canada, Central America, Chile, China, India, Japan, and Mexico, to name a few.
What you'll do:
1. Design and build Front end and Back end software applications / services that integrates for the use of Merchants, Sourcing associates and Suppliers
2. Design, develop and maintain front end applications, back end services that the end users follow to achieve the business flows within the systems.
4. Utilize Spring Boot or Spring Framework in Java to design and implement low-latency REST APIs with Azure SQL Server and Cassandra as storage systems
5. Create and deploy large-scale, containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes in public clouds like Walmart, Google GCP and Microsoft Azure.
6. Collaborate with other scrum teams, QE, Product, Program Management, and 3rd party teams, while partnering with cross-functional project development teams
7. Lead and achieve target standards for Engineering excellence and operational excellence.
8. Mentor and Lead software engineers and lead engineering projects.
9. Coordinate, create, and complete enterprise architecture including low level and high level designs.
What you'll bring:
9+ years hands on experience in Java, React or similar tech stack
- Strong Full Stack experience (extensive knowledge of both front and back-end technologies)
- Spring Boot or Spring Framework
- RESTful Micro services development
- Relational and/or NoSQL Database experience (Cassandra, Cosmos, Oracle, Azure SQL)
- Cloud - Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Full life cycle development experience
- Experience with clustering software like Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Ansible and good understanding on container orchestrations
- Strong ability in problem solving
- Worked on monitoring and alerting tools
- Design and Documentation Skills
- Experience with configuring or implementing Build & Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline and infrastructure as a service.
- Strong base knowledge of computer science, with competencies in algorithms, software design for embedded systems and data structures
- Good understanding of latest trends of tools and technology in software development and software test automation space
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership, self-discipline, and focus on high-quality deliverables, and a team-oriented approach that values design thinking, efficiency, and innovation.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted 1 minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago
Forest Park, Illinois
Posted 1 minute ago