What you'll do...
About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Team and Position Summary:
The Stores Systems team owns a diverse portfolio of systems used by Walmart stores associates for business- critical functions such as efficient Store Logistics and Inventory Management/Audits to provide constantly high levels of on-shelf availability, processing of in-transit inbound merchandise, efficient freight handling and storage, processing for outbound freight (returns, disposal, donations), modular planning of the sales floor and in-store location tracking of merchandise, price changes/markdowns as well as tools and applications to effectively and efficiently manage critical tasks and communications within individual stores across the chain.
- Work in an Agile environment and adhere to all QE best practices.
- Set up the test framework and build and maintain automated test cases for Mobile application components to improve quality and development velocity.
- Perform testing using a variety of test methodologies including manual and automated testing by scripts.
- Set up the pipelines to ensure the functional, regression and E2E testing can be triggered automatedly.
- Proactively track both functional testing and regression testing status for each sprint release.
- Assist the developers to analyse the root cause and the impact of software defect, provide suggestions for quality improvements.
- Report and track and help determine priorities for enhancements and defects utilizing tools like JIRA.
- Work in partnership with Scrum team members, including engineering and product management, to deliver business functionality on-time, with required quality, and that meets the acceptance criteria
- Write test cases and scenarios from the requirements/designs; manage bug tracking.
- Create, trigger, monitor and control the execution of automated test suites, identifying issues and potential gaps.
- Support QE governance of test processes, data, and execution metrics to help drive improve the performance of team.
- Perform risk analysis for features/projects in your ownership, provide mitigation and escalate appropriately.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to analyse, debug and resolve any issues.
- Develop high-quality, end-to-end automation tests that match acceptance criteria and user scenarios
- Be a key contributor to the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines. Perform code reviews for your teammates. Help develop and build the test infrastructure with the DevOps team
- Work with our Product Management Team to define good acceptance criteria for our stories
- Perform manual exploratory testing and troubleshooting to help identify difficult to find bugs and UX issues
- Ensure the monthly releases are validated and ready for our customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software Development, Automation Testing and Software Deployment.
- Development experience in at least one programming languages like Java, C# etc.
- Experience in Mobile App UI Automation - primarily for mobile JS side (RN or React) and any one platform - iOS / Android
- Experienced in CI/CD implementation and integrating automation suite to pipeline
- Experience using any of the automation toolset like Appium,TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber Espresso (Android), XCUITest(iOS), Postman, JMeter, Rest Assured, Gatling etc. and CI/CD tools like docker, Jenkins, etc. or equivalent tools.
- Strategic understanding of automation tools and frameworks, with hands on ability to implement and maintain automation regression.
- Functional Testing: Data Validation, UI testing, Device and Make Coverage (iOS and Android), Network Throttling, Notifications testing.
- App Profiling (concepts like Rendering performance, battery issues, thread count and memory dumps)
- Log verification - backend and frontend.
- Strong understanding of quality, testing principles and writing effective test cases.
- Experience in automated build and continuous integration.
- Proven ability to mentor team members, manage and interact effectively with internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of black / white / grey / glass box test methodologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, coding and operating systems.
- Non-functional Testing: GPU overdraw, Rendering performance, Battery issues, CPU, Thread count, Memory consumptions and leaks, Network data transfer. (Crashes and ANR)
- Huge proponent of Cloud Technologies with a mindset to champion cloud cost savings and reduce cloud wastage.
- Natural problem solver with a passion for driving solutions and working with other developers to enable test automation and Continuous integration, enjoy executing projects successfully and obsess about product quality constantly
- Unique ability to design and develop automated tests as well as functionality to build solutions to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives
- A continuous drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate and optimize systems and tools.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability work effectively in the team.
#LI-PL1 Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
This job has expired.