What you'll do...
As a Senior Software Engineer on a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, you will be the only full stack engineer supporting our experimental and modelling work/projects by building UIs, front-end and/or back-end integrations for POCs (Proof of Concepts), automating manual processes, creating regression testing frameworks, and productivity tools to improve our model development cycle for Conversational AI/NLP solutions.
You will provide support to the ML (Machine Learning) Engineers and Data Scientists, as well as business stakeholders and leadership by responding to their questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
You must feel comfortable with working autonomously, own your solutions, able to identify and introduce best practices, research, and consider different approaches, possess good problem-solving skills, ability to think through details and be attentive to edge cases and other implementation details which others on the team might oversee due to different skillsets, backgrounds, and experiences.
You must have experience of building well-managed solutions and processes, improving productivity, auditability, and governance of teams' work.
You can lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to produce high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
You have up-to-date expertise which you can apply to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices.
You can fully own, lead and organize your work from conception to delivery and maintenance, monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Python, DBs, Microsoft Azure, GCP, Docker, NodeJS, Angular/React, Spark
Live our Values
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
* Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
* Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!