What you'll do...
Walmart's In-Store Services group is responsible for enabling omni-services experience for customers that want to engage with us online or in-stores for custom services focusing on many aspects of their day-to-day life.Walmart is investing in transforming these spaces with latest technology and we are looking for talented individuals who can use their engineering and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems.
We are seeking a Senior Manager II, who will lead a team of engineers to build the next generation Fuel Technology team to support our customers. You will be part of the application development team in leading software implementation and design, solving, and reviewing products that enable leading edge technology that allows our associates to become faster and more efficient as they work with our customers.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
What you'll do...
- You're a problem solver
- You're experienced with micro services architecture and mobile development.
- You have a great attention to detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage large projects simultaneously
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold contributors accountable
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
What you'll bring...
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders.
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with business to define priorities; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, Project Management, Business and User Experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Experience leading teams that have built full stack solutions preferably using one or more of Java, Spring, Kafka, React JS, React Native, Kubernetes.
- Experience designing & building solutions with operational observability, performance optimization and scalability.
- Experience building, leading, and retaining high-performance cross-functional geographically distributed engineering teams.
- Experience working with Product, Business & UX Design teams to deliver solutions.
- Strong people and communication skills to connect authentically with internal stakeholders, and external partners
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Strong experience with Restful microservices and developing API's. Experience with CICD, Continuous Delivery & Deployment.
- Experience using Agile development methods and scaling Agile across multiple teams.
Nice to Have
- Ability to lead teams with a relentless focus on testing best practices & test automation.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest industry best practices.
About Global Tech
- Previous experience integrating with Fuel dispensers / Point of Sale technology
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure preferred) & Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Grafana and UI Analytics tools
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
This job has expired.