What you'll do...
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the nation's largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better, healthier lives. We strive to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
You'll make an impact as you:
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Support the Center Administrator in overseeing daily operations and maintain provider and staff scheduling templates and patient schedule for current and future service lines.
- Ensure the Walmart Health Center operates within the guidelines established by Walmart management team and in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Serve as first line in resolving administrative patient issues; resolve problems or issues patients have with clinic systems, policies, or staff; identify and resolve administrative issues/concerns; serve as the stakeholder champion for developing and maintaining a service culture for the health center to improve the experience of our patients and other key customer groups.
- Lead policy and standard operation procedure development and coordination by understanding and identifying issues; direct internal communication strategies; oversee the development of policies, standard operating procedures, and best practices that meet regulations and industry standards.
- Manage vendor relationships for Walmart Health operations and execute business plans and projects
- Maintain relationships with health care providers and health center associates to ensure Walmart Health is a preferred employer.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment.
About Walmart Health
- 3+ years' experience running and overseeing daily operations for multi-specialty service lines in a multi-site organization
- 2+ years' healthcare administration experience in primary care, dental, behavioral health, audiology, and/or optometry practice management
- 3+ years' experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office
Walmart is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, we launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.
The customer is at the heart of all we do. We are focused on the needs of the patient and customer. We are partnering with several on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, optical and hearing services all in one facility.
#LI-KM1 Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, or a related field and minimum of 3 years' experience in healthcare setting (medical, dental, or optometry) or other customer-focused industry Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Clinics operations experience in multi-site organization, Experience in primary care, dental, behavioral health, audiology, and/or optometry practice management, Master's degree or Doctoral degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field, Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting (medical, dental, or optometry), Using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office Primary Location...
8101 S JOHN YOUNG PKWY, ORLANDO, FL 32819-9021, United States of America
This job has expired.