What you'll do...
Associate Director - Integrated Marketing Communications
We're looking for an Associate Director, Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC), who will play a key role in driving strategic storytelling and creative excellence across Walmart communications through the development of fully holistic and integrated campaigns that helps drive business results and builds positive brand reputation.
You'll work closely with the larger IMC team, as well as stakeholders across Media, Retail Marketing, Operations, Agency partners, Cross-Site Planning and Creative Design to lead and manage big, creative platform ideas - from briefing, through full-funnel creative development, production, execution and in-market optimization. The role will also guide how the creative strategy extends through both Paid and Owned channels, creating an ecosystem of content that comes to life across the full consumer journey - from storytelling, to digital and social, to the site experience itself.
Challenges you'll be tackling
- The Integrated Marketing Communications team is fast moving and multifaceted. You will have your hands in multiple projects at any given time and be expected to switch between your strategic hat, creative hat, project management hat, media hat, etc. at any given time.
- Drive best-in-class creative campaigns while not missing a beat when it comes to the details and moving work forward.
- Build a holistic view of the Customer journey that provides a deep understanding of the site experience for any initiative; and in turn allows for new, more integrated content models.
- As part of a growing team, you will need to get upstream and build close relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Manage various full-funnel campaigns throughout the year, including larger Seasonal campaigns, micro-seasonal, service oriented, brand reputational and more. You will lead campaigns as well as support the Director and Senior Director for larger efforts.
Skills and Requirements
- Fully understand marketing briefs created by key stakeholders, upholding high standards to ensure the desired output is putting the customer first.
- Play a key role in the day to day strategy and execution of the full advertising and creative process, which includes but not limited to; attending strategy kick off sessions, leading comms planning, agency briefings, platform idea development, end to end production, finance budget reviews, full funnel creative reviews, weekly optimizations and more.
- Drive omni-channel integration with Owned channels - building strategies that allow for seamless campaign integration through to the digital site experience and the content approach that delivers on marketing priorities.
- Guide creative productions, for example - sample management, Prop House management, talent and music rights.
- Review customer and audience analytics (internal and third-party). Analyze campaign performance data (e.g., intent to purchase, message clarity and reputation perception) and evaluates campaign effectiveness.
- Be an active voice of the customer in all meetings, ensure we are promoting a seamless customer experience, with an EDLC approach, whilst still outperforming benchmarks.
- Always be on the leading edge of industry best practices, new advertising platforms, and abreast of other major brand activations/campaigns.
- Prepare and guide presentations that bring the larger narrative to life and showcases the work.
- Monitor advertising and marketing industry trends and best practices. Reviews customer and audience analytics (internal and third-party). Analyzes campaign performance data (e.g., intent to purchase, message clarity and reputation perception) and evaluates campaign effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum-8-10 years experience in Advertising and/or Marketing preferred
- Drives results through balancing creativity with business strategy
- Experience with big advertising campaigns and well versed in digital / social communication
- Deep understanding of digital platforms and what it means to build a best-in-class user experience
- Love to share Big Ideas while also dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's"
- Passionate about experimenting and creative problem solving
- Experience working with large, cross-functional teams
- If you love Creative Strategy, Integrated Marketing and Advertising, can drive results, and solve problems in fun, innovative and effective ways
Remote options will be considered for qualified candidates. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field and 5 years' experience in advertising, marketing communications, or related field OR 9 years' experience in advertising, marketing communications, or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Creative experience managing integrated marketing campaigns, television advertising, Developing and gaining stakeholder buy-in for creative concepts and programs within a matrix organization, Managing cross-functional teams in a retail creative environment, Working for a creative agency
Masters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
This job has expired.