MV Transportation is seeking an experienced Training Manager who will manage the driver hiring and training program. The Training Manager will provide classroom instruction to new hire candidates and incumbent employees in defensive driving, passenger assistance, documentation, route planning/mapping, service area familiarization, emergency procedures and all aspects of a vehicle operator position; ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations and company policy.
Training of Operators:
Recruitment and Hiring:
- Perform classroom instruction which meets or exceeds MV requirements
- Perform skills course training as necessary
- Create, implement, and maintain effective cadetting and training schedules
- Schedule cadet training with the Operations Manager with behind the wheel trainers
- Perform observation and cadet training behind the wheel as necessary
- Maintain all training records
- Continuing training as needed to ensure the success of new operators
- Assist Recruitment Team in maintaining training and personnel files as needed to support to division recruitment initiatives
- Assist Recruitment team when needed to establish and maintain application flow logs
- Schedule and perform applicant interviews as needed in support of Recruitment Initiatives
- Administer pre-employment drug and background checks as needed in support of Recruitment initiatives
- Ensure all required paperwork and documentation is complete and sent to Corporate Office as needed to support division recruitment initiatives
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- Must have a current driver's license for a minimum of three (3) years
- Obtain and maintain a current DOT physical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Strong organizational skills required
- Excellent customer service required
- Act as a back-up for the Safety Manager
- Perform Road Supervisor duties as necessary
- Able to perform all operator duties as necessary
- One (1) to three (3) years of training experience
- Experience as a Behind the Wheel Instructor preferred
- Experience as a Classroom Instructor preferred
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.