The Tower Crane Technician is responsible for the maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair of the equipment as well as providing expert technical assistance during erection, dismantling and climbing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Visit customer sites to perform crane inspections and perform troubleshooting and subsequent repairs
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex electrical schematics and symbols
* Servicing and repairing of equipment at the yard prior to crane erection
* Provide expert technical assistance during erections, dismantles and climbs
* Read and follow electrical schematics during troubleshooting procedures
* Read and understand the operations manual for all of the equipment
* Use of computer to program PLC’s and ancillary equipment
* Resolve emergency breakdown situations and respond service calls, as required
* Complete reports in a timely and detailed manner
* Respond to unplanned/emergency work
* Other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or GED
* Associates or Vocational degree preferred
* Tower Crane specific certifications strongly preferred
* Commercial Driver’s License
* NCCO Certification
* TWIC card
* 2+ years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment or equivalent
* 2+ years prior experience with 480V/3phase motor controls
* Moderate level communication skills
* Advanced knowledge of Tower Crane functionality and terminology
* Advanced knowledge of prohibitions, warnings, and cautions relative to assembling or disassembling Tower Cranes
* Advanced level skills in following instructions
* Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
* Clean driving record
Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger; handle or feel; and kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear; push and/or pull; reach; climb; bend and/or stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Salary Range: $23.84 to $45.53 per hour
The pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled