SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Test Technician, you willperform Radio Frequency (RF) Conducted Over the Air (OTA) testing on mobile products with technologies such as CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi, IOT, and 5G, to ensure delivery of testing services that meet client's requirements in accordance with Global Wireless Forums' test plans Carrier supplemental test plan and SGS quality system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform debug and engineering testing services for wireless clients; use of specified equipment to perform required tests
- Maintain high degree of knowledge of industry test requirements in order to assist customers and test equipment manufactures with issues.
- Work directly with internal clients including , Project managers, and Technical leads in order to ensure the client's product runs smoothly through the testing process
- Conduct testing in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relations.
- Complete all assigned chargeable work within the required timeframes to ensure customer and project staff satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
- Maintaining technical knowledge by learning the requirements of the test plans being asked to execute.
- Ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfill SGS quality requirements.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering BSEE, BSCE or equivalent degree or similar technical field.
- Min 3+ years of wireless industry experience as follows:
- RF and antenna theory preferred
- Experience with RF testing
- A broad level of CDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE/5G mobile wireless knowledge in one or more areas
- Very good understanding of test Specifications
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and provide UE and TE logs for test devices
- Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; do not make the same mistakes twice
- Language Skills: English/Intermediate required; knowledge of Korean is a plus
- Mathematical Skills: Basic/Intermediate/Advanced/Highest level of knowledge required/preferred
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required/preferred
- Computer Skills: Provide details, designate a level of expertise required/preferred.
- List other knowledge/skills or abilities required/preferred for performing the job.
Preferred Training as follows:
- Measurement Uncertainly
- Conformance Testing, Such as R&S 8980, Anrtisu ME7873L, LA, NR, Keysight UXM, CMW500
- Working with test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, power meters, arbitrary waveform generators, network analyzer, etc.).
- Knowledge of general RF measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, EVM, ACPR, S-parameters, VSWR, RxBN, Spectral Emissions, etc.).