Who you are:Education
- Participate in team activities such as design sessions, code reviews and sprint ceremonies.
- Serve as a mentor for engineers across the business.
- Adhere to best practices around versioning, automated testing, dependency management, system reliability, containerization, infrastructure-as-code, auto-scaling, data security, etc.
- Investigate and resolve technical and non-technical issues, resolving critical incidents in a timely manner and with a thorough root cause analysis.
- Contribute to LightBox's technology strategy as a member of its architectural leadership team.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Experience & Qualifications
- 3 or more years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with Angular, React, or other modern component-based frameworks
- Ability to write and maintain HTML/CSS/JS
- Strong understanding of design patterns
- Knowledge of best practices consuming SOAP, RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience using Github, Gitlab, and or BitBucket
- Understanding relational, graph and document databases systems
- Design and implement maintainable and testable software accompanied by automated tests - unit, integration, or end to end
- Modern practices around agile development, release management, continuous integration, and data security
- Computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- Clearly communicate decision points, opportunities, and outcomes to senior leadership
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on all projects and responsibilities
- Contribute to development of systems and software to meet team objectives.
- Experience with the following tools Jenkins, GitHub/SourceTree, Postman, JIRA
- Working professionally with C# or Java or Python and related web technologies.
- Knowledge with an automation tool like Selenium or Cypress.
- Experience with SQL or other databases
- Experience with building, supporting, maintaining and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment, including working with build tools like Jenkins.
- Experience creating test automation to support hardware and/or mobile device technologies.
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee's only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.