CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company dedicated to advancing the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. Driven by our shared purpose of Breaking New Ground, we're passionate about bringing Innovation, Sustainability, and Productivity to all that we do. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world through our core brands: Case IH, STEYR, New Holland Agriculture, CASE, and New Holland Construction.
As an Applied Mechanics/Durability (AMD) Development & Validation Engineer you will:
- Develop structural tests using SN fatigue life predictions and a solid understanding of material strength characteristics. Design test fixturing, reaction systems, etc. as required.
- Select, calibrate, and install the correct instrumentation (strain gauges, load cells, pressure transducers, thermocouples, displacement transducers, etc.) while ensuring all information required will be covered and there is integrity in the data. Prepare the control/data acquisition equipment (MTS Flextest, Morphee, Somat eDAQ, DEWESoft, etc.), write drive scripts to automate sequences/cycles as needed.
- Perform tests on components, sub-systems and/or full vehicle. Examples of tests include structural static and dynamic loading, low/high cycle fatigue, and component thermal cycling.
- Collect and analyze data. Utilize software processing tools (Somat Infield, nCode, GlyphWorks, MATLAB, DEWESoft) to identify trends or issues and gauge performance. Confirm whether the systems under test meet internal specifications, external legal/safety requirements, and our customers' expectations.
- Document results by crafting effective and formal technical reports. Present your findings to the project stakeholders. Drive discussion, recommend solutions, lobby for changes, and coordinate next steps. Document non-conformance and follow-up on the status of changes. Confirm issues are resolved through proposed design/process changes or supplier quality corrective actions.
Primary collaborations will be with the Chassis, Current Product, and Driveline engineering teams as well as the Driveline validation team and Materials Analysis team. Validate new product designs as well as solve current product issues.
- Maintain and communicate current issue status on active projects, alert management to significant issues or roadblocks.
- Provide proactive support for quality and reliability investigations into current product issues to identify failure modes, root cause analysis, and suggested fixes.
- Benchmark competitive equipment, confirming our product lines place us in a "best in class" position. Identify areas of improvement and quantify the gaps.
- Track down and troubleshoot problems. Enlist Subject Matter Experts to aid in identifying root-cause and corrective action.
- Support field testing through occasional travel to customer sites to collect test data.
- Curate our current library of test procedures and best practices. Collaborate with teams to define new procedures as innovation drives new areas of testing. Align test procedures with the Design Analysis team to improve correlation of physical and virtual test results. Ensure we have clear instructions and comparable historical results for the future
- Participate in design reviews, DFMEA's, and other project definition activities based on your technical understanding of our product and how it should function for the end customer.
- This position pays $71,000 to $102,000 (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, or other related engineering discipline.
- 2 plus years' experience within Product Development/Engineering function.
: We offer competitive compensation with multiple benefit (medical/dental/vision) options to meet your individual needs. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include: paid parental leave, life insurance, volunteer time off and much more!EEO
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
This job has expired.