Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Test Cell Engineer will be responsible for all GRV Test Cell Operations, Control systems, Maintenance, Project Upgrades and troubleshooting. This includes but are not limited to GE, AB and Snider PLC/HMI, VXI Data Acquisition, Network Systems (Ethernet, ProfiNet, ProfiBus, Genus Bus, ModBus, RS232 Serial, CanBus). This includes Management of all Software programs/Solutions and their associated development software.
- Provide technical Leadership and Execution to support Test Cell Productivity.
- Troubleshoot Test Cell Functionalities and Increase Performance
- Own all aspects of Engineering and Maintenance for the GRV Test Cells
- Test Cell Calibrations must remain current and complete
- Test Cell Operations must remain inline with EHS Permits
- Engine Emissions testing must remain compliant to internal business requirements.
- Identification and execution of production test requirements for each Engine DL
- Troubleshooting Diesel Locomotive Engine performance
- Troubleshooting of facility and test cell PLCs (9030, RX3i, etc)
- Hardware/ code/ performance parameters
- Ensuring and creating commonality/standardization across test cell environments including
- HMI appearance
- Naming conventions
- Coordinate functional changes to DAQ or cell operations based on test demands
- Order all test cell consumables such as Fuel, Urea, Calibration Gases, special equipment
Skills: PLC programming, PLC hardware, Project Management, understanding of electrical prints, programming Access database, Microsoft products, knowledge of several GE/Wabtec processes.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 5 years of experience in PLC and HMI Coding related to GE, AB, Schneider brands
- 5 years' experience working with control networks
- 5 years Microsoft office experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of Control experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Diesel Locomotive Engines and test equipment.
- Strong Working Knowledge of Emissions equipment and measuring processes.
- Ability and willingness to work "hands-on" in test cells and on locomotives.
- Excellent cross-functional team building and project/program management ability.
- Deep working knowledge of power electronics, drives and motors.
- Strong drive for meeting internal and external customer requirements.
- Proficiency in test automation development in Test Cell environments.
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Relocation lump sum may be provided if you meet eligibility guidelines
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job has expired.