Location: Mountain View, CA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Telecom - Analyst/Developer - Specialty 4
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Top 3 Must Haves:
- functional programming experience even though it is not in ERLANG
- good experience with writing unit tests
- high throughput server side development experience
Years of Experience Required:
8-10 years is desirable but 6 years is also fine if they have functional programming experience - ERLANG experience (flexible on the years of exp required)
- Education: Bachelors degree
Flexible on local/non-local candidates since candidate can work from home for now BUT they will be required to be onsite as soon as the offices re-open.
Job Title: Backend Server Engineer
As a Backend Server Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a high-volume, distributed real-time bidding platform. This involves measuring and tuning high-performance, low-latency (soft-real-time) systems while working towards improved robustness and correctness. As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, and share knowledge.
• Have a solid foundation in computer science and some knowledge of systems programming • 5+ years of programming experience • Learn various programming languages and paradigms • Deepen your understanding of systems programming and computer science • Maintain and improve existing services which include actively trying to pay back technical debt and extending their functionality • Participate in the design, implementation and testing of new services • Participate in code reviews and spread your expertise to the team • Investigate and fix performance issues throughout our systems which include our services, dependencies and kernel usage • Contribute to open source software to improve our external dependencies • Tech stack includes a mixture of Erlang, C11, Rust, Go, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes.
Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
Strong knowledge of niche computer language, such as Erlang, C, Rust, Go lang, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
- 8-10 years related experience required.
Please send your updated resume to email@example.comArchana Kumarabhagavat, Sr Technical Recruiter,The Judge Group
75 Broadway St. Suite 202, San Francisco, CA 94111
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.judge.comContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com