Merakey is seeking a Dual Diagnosis (Mental Health and Developmental Disability) Tele-health Psychiatrist supporting Merakey' s Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT) serving Southern Ohio Counties
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team is an innovative community-based program that supports individuals diagnosed with a co-occurring developmental disability and mental illness. DDTT support focuses on diversion from higher levels of care, stabilization within the community, medication and behavior treatment planning, as well as an overall coordination of care of each individual's natural support network
The DDTT Psychiatrist is qualified in the mental health profession, and possesses the clinical skills and experience to assess, plan, develop, coordinate, and provide psychiatric treatment, and rehabilitation for adults (ages 12+) with mental illness and developmental disabilities (Dually Diagnosed). The Psychiatrist works in conjunction with all DDTT team members, Merakey internal supports, and Interagency Team through the following:
• Provide individual medication orders, prescriptions, psychiatric evaluations, and symptom management, ensuring that immediate changes to treatment are made as necessary
• Provide supervision and direction to registered nurses or certified nurse practitioners regarding prescriptions, orders, lab orders or medication side effects/interactions
• Acts as a liaison and consult with hospitals, community agencies, and families to maintain coordination through the treatment process
• Complete comprehensive psychiatric evaluation of each individual on the team that captures psychiatric history, risk assessment, functional assessment, and recommendations.
• Provide consultation to the team after hours associated with symptom management and psychiatric conditions.
Schedule: 5-10 hours per week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.
Applicants can send resumes directly to email@example.com or through our website at www.merakey.org
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders, and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise, and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential. With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 11,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 50,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Ohio, California, Texas, Louisiana, Michigan, and Tennessee.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
• The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing and human services to individuals with special needs
• Highly competitive compensation
• Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
• Flexible scheduling with virtual/work from home options
• Assistance with malpractice insurance and licensure
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Current licensure/certification, as required, to practice as a psychiatrist in the state of practice.
• Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or an equivalent certifying board.
• Able to demonstrate previous experience and/or training with developmental disabilities
• Possesses or is able to obtain all necessary clearances and background checks
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled