Working under general supervision of a manager or project leader and following established policies and procedures,
provides assistance for research studies. May be responsible for the following activities: collecting and organizing study data; scheduling appointments; tracking equipment use, calibration, location; ordering supplies and equipment; transferring samples/specimen; maintaining and updating data generated by the study; maintaining regulatory documentation; tracking expenditures.
Provides assistance for research studies as per guidelines and protocols.
2. Transfers specimen collected from studies to storage, assay facilities, etc using standard and study-specific
procedures. Inventories and sorts samples per individual study requirements. Maintains freezers containing stored
specimen. Maintains and continually updates database of specimen location and status.
Serves as a liason between investigators and assay labs. Assists investigators and study teams with merging assay
results into database files. Tracks assay status of samples for studies.Keeps records of specimen activity for
chargeback to studies.
3. Orders supplies and equipment for studies. Maintains inventory of study supplies, records of equipment
maintenance, calibration, and repair. Monitors and sets up equipment. Moves specimen, supplies, and equipment
between offices, storage space, and laboratory space so that necessary materials are in the location needed at the time
they are needed. Places purchase orders and maintains records of purchases.
4. Acts as a central liason for investigators to schedule and process payments for professionals. Maintains calendars
and other records of availability, appointments. Prepares invoices and keeps payment records for professionals.
5. Maintains financial records, keeps inventories, prepares invoices and journal entries, tracks monthly expenditures
and income for Core service. Serves as a contact between investigators, study teams, and Core for financial-related
issues. Reconciles expenditures and income for specific projects.
6. Organizes and processes study data. Creates and maintains databases/files containing study data using standard
Division practices; scores written tests and questionnaires using standard score sheets and criteria; enters scores
into worksheets and databases; compiles data from multiple testing sessions/subjects for data analysis; reviews study
records to determine whether specific tests, samples, or other data were not collected according to protocol, enters
such information into tables, edits such information from dataset copies using standard Division practices; performs
statistical and graphical analysis.
7. Assists Investigators and other study personnel in executing studies. Carries out standard and study-specific events
as outlined in the study orders, DSCD/CCI SOPs, and other written documents. Drafts and/or modifies written
procedures for study-specific events/data procedures. Acts as a liaison between Investigators, hospital staff, CCI
technical staff, administrative staff, subject recruiters, and research subjects to identify areas for quality and workflow
8. Assists Investigator in research activities. Performs literature searches, reviews literature, enters papers into
reference database, compiles and checks reference lists for manuscripts, grants, and other written reports. Drafts
text for reports, manuscripts, abstracts, grants. Assists in preparation of IRB, CTSC, and other applications, as well as grants. Assists in orienting and training new employees.
9. Follows Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Radiation Safety and other guidelines as mandated by BWH, OSHA, or other regulatory agencies; follows HIPPA and Human Research guidelines as mandated by DHHS. Follows all standard operating procedures for Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Center for Clinical Investigation, and BWH; follows study-specific procedures.
10. Performs all others duties, as required
Posted less than a minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago