Location: Longmont, CO
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager.
The candidate will be part of a system implementation team under the leadership of the Manager of Software Development. The focus of this position is to provide Project management, technical systems configuration, implementation and consulting for managing large, automated pharmacies which includes the full software stack from low-level control of robots and conveyor systems, through controllers and databases, and up to UI and web services at sites across the US. The Technical Software Project Manager will work closely with the Implementation Project Manager, Hardware Implementation Consultant, customer and vendor resources for the duration of 1-3-month implementation projects, concurrently following the Implementation Project Plan to ensure quality and a timely delivery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performs as the lead in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing all assigned projects
- Oversees/coordinates various aspects of a project or program, interfacing with various areas affected by the project, including stakeholders (internally & externally)
- Oversees/facilitates all aspects of the development/implementation of a project or program involving department or cross-functional teams, & interfacing with all internal/external stakeholders throughout the project or program lifecycle (initiation to close)
- Monitors & performs control activities (e.g., risk, issue, change, cost, schedule, communication management) for the program or project throughout the specific lifecycle
- Develops project plans, including but not limited to project scope, objectives, schedules, risk/issue management, change control, effort & cost estimates, resource requirements, budgets, & communications
- Assesses project issues & develops resolutions and/or mitigation plans to meet productivity, quality, budgetary & client-satisfaction goals
- Manages the integration of external vendor resources and/or deliverables into the project plan
- Ensures project adherence to the business unit or project process methodology
- Provides weekly project status to internal leadership
- Is responsible for implementing & supporting software applications for one or more products or areas of the systems.
- Works on projects that often involve network, server or software implementation and is responsible for implementing & supporting servers, workstations, network, printers etc for one or more products or areas of the system.
- Provides implementation support such as installation, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and training
- Schedule coordination and management of technical installation resources in multiple disciplines including mechanical installation, electrical and network installation.
- Collaborate with the customer on the strategy, preparation, and installation of all related software deployments, forms deployments, hardware and peripherals and related configurations within the systems.
- Work closely with vendors and the customer to build, test and deliver interfaces to external 3rd party modules in conjunction with the system.
- 5+ experience in project management
- 1+ experience in implementing the projects
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Project Management experience
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking
- Experience in windows servers, windows workstations, and domain administration
- Networking knowledge, including VPNs and firewall configurations
- Familiarity with Agile product development and object-oriented design principles
- 1+ Years' experience as a Software Implementation Consultant including software installs for medium to large-sized technology projects or related demonstrable skills and experience.
Beneficial Knowledge & Skills (Nice to Haves)
- Basic knowledge/use of professional concepts
- Awareness of CMMI, PMBOK, Six Sigma or other commonly accepted project management processes & methodologies
- Awareness of tools available to track project deliverables
- Awareness of document management best practices (e.g., planning for how documentation will be managed, stored, archived)
- Familiarity with IT terms (for specific IT functional area supporting)
- Basic understanding of data handling requirements of PHI & PCI
- Basic understanding of different development lifecycles & appropriate product methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, specifically MS Project
- Experience in relational databases (IBM DB2 or SQL Server or Oracle)
- Prior programming experience is a plus
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com