Job ID: 239467
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America's building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 195 operating locations and 6,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
The Technical Director is responsible for research and development and all aspects of packaged products including Sakrete, Amerimix and other Oldcastle brands. In this role, you will oversee the activities of the National Sakrete and Amerimix Lab in Denver, CO. The Technical Director will work closely with all APG companies and licensees making Sakrete and Amerimix products. Key responsibilities include collaborating with diverse teams, developing project roadmaps and timelines, mitigating project risks and track project goals. Additionally, the Technical Director must demonstrate the ability to cultivate relationships at all levels of the organization and work as a team player to efficiently deliver project goals on schedule and within budget.
- Innovative development of new and existing products
- Responsible for formula accuracy at all plants and record keeping
- Develop and maintain formulas that will produce quality products at the most efficient cost
- Build and maintain standards for quality control processes
- Monitor quality assurance testing and provide updates to APG leadership
- Evaluate competitor products
- Assist licensee labs with formulas and testing as requested
- Coordinate testing for contract packaging / private label products.
- Coordinate testing of bagged products made by Oldcastle companies but not under the Sakrete or Amerimix logo, i.e. EnduraMax, B-Dry, Magna Wall and Suremix.
- Assist product managers as needed
- Assist plants with line studies to determine consistency of products
- Evaluate raw materials
- Assist plants with trial runs of any new products
- Look for opportunities to improve products by optimizing formulas.
- Industry involvement in associations pertaining to concrete and ASTM.
- Develop formulas for existing products at new manufacturing plants.
- Train sales personnel on new products
- Train plant QC personnel as needed
- Perform full tests on all blacktop products for all regions.
- Coordinate with all Blacktop producers
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, concrete industry management, or other technical / related field required
- Thorough understanding of the chemistry and physical property requirements of the type of products made in the bagged cement, concrete and mortar industry
- Basic understanding of the mixing and bagging equipment used in the industry
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications that govern bagged concretes, mortars and portland cement repair products
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective procurement, manufacture and distribution of goods
- Lead and manage both through direct reports and persuasively through peers
- Knowledge of procurement requests for proposal and negotiation
- Travel requirements up to 25%
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Jan 29, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Manager, Procurement, Quality Assurance, RFP, Pre-Sales, Management, Operations, Technology, Sales