Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Accounting Specialist is responsible for the following activities:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Annual financial statements and disclosures:
- Assist with drafting the annual financial statements and disclosures for each of the US legal entities
- Perform and document financial statement tie-out for review by external auditors
- Prepare disclosure checklists to ensure completeness of the financial statements
- Assist with developing and documenting internal controls over the annual financial statement process
- Accounting standard pronouncements:
- Assist in reviewing new accounting standards pronouncements and assessing the potential impact of the changes on the business
- Internal audit:
- Perform interim balance sheet reviews for selected US legal entities.
- Ensure compliance with company policies & procedures, reporting standards, local laws & regulations
- Identify and measure risks, evaluate existing controls and make recommendations
- Document current business processes, such as the revenue process, and implement best practices for controls, and agreed upon improvement plan
- Research and document technical accounting topics as encountered.
- Assess financial impact of difference between US GAAP and IFRS.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of new/revised Parent Company financial reporting regulations
- Assist with the transition of acquired companies to ensure compliance with US GAAP, IAS and Group accounting policies.
- Limited travel anticipated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.Education/Experience (BMQ):
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Bachelor's degree with an accounting concentration and at least 2 years of experience
- Preferred experience as Big 4 external auditor with CPA designation
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and technical aspects of US GAAP financial statement preparation.
- Ability to communicate complex accounting issues in clear terms to non-financial personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently research accounting guidance
- Very accurate, highly reliable and eye for detail
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner in a fast changing organization
- Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Developed written and oral communication skills
- Team player enjoying working in a small team
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in designated areas
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent understanding of financial matters, thrifty and cost minded
Additional Information:Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
#L1-AC1#HybridEurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays