Title: Team Leader, Production (Full-Time | Multiple Locations)
Location: Kennewick, WA
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Team Leader Production opportunity develops future leaders here at Lamb Weston. This is a supervisor role where you will help your production team reach target goals, manage day-to-day operations, and will be responsible for identifying areas of improvement in the manufacturing process.
Our Team Leaders not only receive extensive leadership and functional training, but they are also quickly and frequently promoted throughout Lamb Weston.
When you choose a career with us, every day is Fry-day!
*Watch this short video to learn more about Team Leader, Production*
In the Team Leader Production (TLP) role, you are responsible for managing and ensuring the safety of your production team members, between 15-50 people per shift, and for attaining production and quality goals.
Oversee areas of improvement throughout the production process. Team Leaders ensure schedules and goals are met through guiding production resources, materials, processes, and equipment.
Support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service. They are responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and for creating an engaged and team oriented work environment in order to improve business results.
Additional responsibilities may include:
Basic & Preferred QualificationsEducation:
- Monitor production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained
- Provide team member training to ensure that teams are performing job responsibilities effectively and safely
- Assist with the supervision of sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food safe environment
- Enforce plant rules, regulations and procedures
- Evaluate team member performance and provide guidance for performance improvement
- Participate in the support of plant and company safety programs by promoting and maintaining a high-level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements: lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, etc.
- Bachelors or Associates degree, minimum 4-years of relevant industry/work experience, or supervisory/management experience is required
- High School diploma/GED required
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- A self-motivated individual that is able to multi-task and lead others
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work various shifts (i.e.. Weekdays, weekends, day, swing, grave) based on the scheduling needs of the production site
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Working knowledge of plant equipment and safety is a plus
- Previous experience in a food-processing is a plus
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands
- You may be regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- You may be regularly required to use your hands to handle, feel, reach
- You may be regularly required to taste and smell
- You may be regulary required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- You must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range posted based on various factors, including, but not limited to, job duties, experience and expertise. A candidate's work location could also impact the actual compensation being outside of the range to reflect local cost of labor. A reasonable annual estimate for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $63,140.00 - $94,700.00 USD AnnualIndustry-Competitive Benefits
- While performing the duties of this job, team leaders are regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Team members in the plant are frequently exposed to extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration
- Team members are occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-220901
Time Type: Full time
-Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law