Summary of Role:
Main responsibility is design, execution, and analysis of experiments aimed at the creation and optimization of leading-edge silicon transistor technology (14nm technology generation and beyond) within a development environment. This includes both physical and electrical data analysis, as well as extensive interaction with other technology development teams (FEOL integration modules, unit process, reliability, and modeling). In addition to the achievement of industry-leading device characteristics, variability and reliability must be monitored and controlled to ensure manufacturability. Interaction with customer design groups is also a facet of this position in order to define technology requirements and parametric goals for GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology roadmaps
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter
- Ability to manage complex projects across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Excellent learning agility, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills
- Language Fluency - Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- 3 years of working experience in Semiconductor manufacturing industry
- Comprehensive working knowledge of CMOS Fabrication Process: such as, gate stack module including gate dielectric and gate electrode materials and processes, ion implant and implant masking processes, junction and source/drain engineering, mobility engineering techniques, spacer formation, and silicide module.
- Understanding of unit process and integrated module interactions and their effect on electrical parametric is preferred.
- Experience in designing process technologies for low power and high performance with focus on reduction of leakage sources throughout the FEOL process flow.
- Experience in transferring, implementing, ramping and sustaining process technologies with a focus on customer-specific product / technology targeting and customization, process simplification and optimization for yield improvement and cost reduction.
- Fundamental understanding of solid state device physics, submicron FET architectures, and the implications of device characteristics and performance on technology and product behavior.
- RF device development experience is a plus.
- Strong capabilities in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments.
- Experience in transferring, implementing, ramping and sustaining process technologies in a high volume foundry manufacturing setting, with a focus on Customer-specific product/ technology targeting and customization, process simplification and optimization for yield improvement and cost reduction.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization particularly in a global environment and experience in working with external constituencies
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.