CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity in the Tax team located in our New York, NY office. We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our Financial Services Group.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
In New York City, the salary range for a Tax Manager is $105,000 to $170,000. Salary determination will vary based on factors such as a candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies. Salary is one component of the CohnReznick total rewards package, which included a discretionary performance bonus, generous paid time off, expanded, inclusive parental benefits, and access to best-in-class learning and development platforms, to name a few. To learn more about life at CohnReznick, visit https://www.cohnreznick.com/lifeatcohnreznick.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance.
- Review tax returns (1065 & 1120) and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Draft tax technical memorandums.
- Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable development.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of current client needs and target client requirements.
- Actively participate in proposal development, at the direction of management, and take a lead role responding to requests for proposal.
- Provide regular performance feedback as well as deliver timely performance evaluations.
- Develop subordinates' technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Demonstrate initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required, Master's in Accounting/Taxation preferred
- CPA, JD or EA required
- Minimum of 6 years tax experience in a public accounting
- Financial Services Industry experience required (hedge fund and/or private equity)
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Proven competence with MS Office and tax compliance and research software
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive team to drive business results and create a better future every day for our team members, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
This job has expired.