The Business Intelligence Analyst supports end-users and organizational leadership in obtaining meaningful data, analytics, and insights to assist with decision-making. Responsible for identifying, developing, validating, and thoroughly testing appropriate solutions for various reporting and business intelligence requirements. Provides technical expertise in the architecture and deployment of integrated data and business process improvement solutions for functional areas. Works significantly in the Epic Cogito reporting suite with applications including Radar, Reporting, Workbench, SlicerDicer, and Caboodle. Utilizes other applicable MFA BI products such as Microsoft SQL Server and Power BI for ETL, reports, dashboards/visualizations, and ad-hoc analyses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Captures, documents, and represents user needs during intake, development, and testing of reporting, analytics, and business intelligence solutions
- Delivers high-quality reporting & BI solutions that enable user functionality with minimal ongoing maintenance and a low volume of production incidents (production failures, help desk calls, etc.). Troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported solutions
- Identifies issues that arise in their application area as well as issues that impact other application teams, and working to resolve them
- Providers support for new and existing reporting and BI applications
- Prepares complete, accurate, and well-written specifications, user training and documentation, and operational procedures
- Maintaining regular communication with Epic representatives and other members of the Epic team, including participating in regular project team meetings.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the various users' needs for data, analytics, and business intelligence. Proposes meaningful solutions and develops the software to deliver them
- Completes testing cycles (unit, functional, and integration testing); includes coordinating with departmental end-users and obtaining customer signoff.
- Works with other application analysts to maintain continuity in process and in support of our integrated Epic electronic medical record.
- Conducts system enhancements/new features, build, upgrades/quarterly updates, and optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer/Data Science, or a familiar field) OR
- Associate's degree with at least 4 years of substantial experience
- Current Epic certification(s) for relevant applications.
- Business Intelligence Analysts will need to possess and maintain at least one Epic Clarity Data Model, Caboodle Development is preferred.
- New hires and transfers have no more than 45 days from completion of MFA-sponsored Epic training to complete any required Epic certifications.
- Analysts must remain current on Epic Certifications, badges, training, and other credentials.
This job has expired.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in creating reporting solutions.
- Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.