What you'll do...
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who is passionate and enthusiastic about helping to shape the future of Walmart Store Technology! You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the virtualization environment for the Walmart Store Compute team. Magnificent team player skills and a collaborative mind-set are required to augment your strong leadership skills. We work hard and play harder, so a great attitude and sense of humor is a bonus!
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You're passionate about diversity, equality and inclusion
- You are a champion of Walmart's cultural values of Service, Respect, Excellence and Integrity.
- You understand the importance of storytelling and know how to build a captivating narrative and supporting visuals.
- Your writing and editing skills are sharp and you possess the ability to develop compelling copy that has the power to inform, influence and inspire.
- You have a deep interest and passion for technology and want to build next generation of store compute technology.
- You come from the retail industry.
- You are excited to solve challenges and learn new things every day.
- You want to work in a company where 56 million items are sold on a holiday at 1000 transactions per second around 11,000 locations worldwide!
- You are a fast learner and have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making skills.
- You have excellent communication with interpersonal skills.
- You are self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- You enjoy taking ownership and delivering on commitment.
- You have superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills.
- You embrace "failures" as "learning opportunities".
Benefits & Perks:
Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies and hypervisors at enterprise scale:
- In-depth knowledge with VMWare and vSAN management and concepts
- VMware vCenter 6.7, 7.0 and ESXi 6.5, 6.7, 7.0
- vRealize Suite application such as vROps, Log Insight, and LCM
- Experience with automation tools, VRO, Puppet, and Ansible
- Experience with hardware management: deployment, alerting, patching
- Experience in PowerShell, PowerCLI, and/or Python scripting
- Knowledge of HW & vendor systems: Dell & OME, Lenovo & XClarity, and HPE & OneView
- Knowledge of Containers (Nutanix, Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Experience in GIT or a similar Version Control system.
- Awareness of security needs, including implementing top-level fail-safes to protect our systems
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who WeAre
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual.
Coordinates system changes with Customers and other system areas by ensuring testing and validation; evaluating the environment; representing the area on divisional councils; and reviewing changes before and after production installations.
Develops and implements system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs by assisting technical experts and senior engineers in setting technical direction; gathering requirements to support implementations; participating in evaluation of supplier products; making recommendations relative to supplier products and services; researching and presenting information about new technologies; developing and reviewing system documentation; and participating in solution reviews.
Participates in team tasks by receiving assignments from experienced team members or project leads; giving updates on assignments; tracking and reporting time spent on projects; contributing in team meetings and discussions; creating and reviewing team documentation; and developing written and oral presentations for diverse audiences (for example, management, Customers, suppliers, technical staff).
Develops team member capabilities by mentoring; teaching (for example, coding languages, scripts, documentation requirements, standards, database management software (DBMS) technologies); coordinating developmental tasks; and receiving training from team members, job assignments, classroom, technical books, and other readings.
Ensures system performance by identifying and implementing improvements to the infrastructure, alerts, or monitors; resolving issues; updating issue documentation via tracking systems; working with suppliers to review system performance, availability, and reliability; and reviewing actions taken in response to alerts and problems.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Live our Values
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
* Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
* Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field and 1 and 1/2 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 5 years OR 3 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 5 years OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing, leading, and implementing small- to medium-scale technology projects, Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
This job has expired.