Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, system integration, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Systems Engineer to be based in our Arlington, VA office. S/he will work with senior leadership and a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers to implement and maintain a robust and advanced development pipeline. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this role.
We are looking to add an experienced Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the development of project integration solutions for tactical applications inside Aegis Combat Systems. S/he will work with software engineers, system architects and integration engineers to ensure applications and systems interoperate to deliver complete end-to-end mission solutions. Prior experience with development and knowledge of Aegis Weapon Systems, CEC and Link16 is preferred.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Secret Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develop and implement Integration Strategy to establish system of systems environment
- Design and route data between all systems, including mappings between systems and data reconciliation
- Oversee relevant aspects of project lifecycle from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design, testing and implementation phases for projects
- Contribute to Systems Integration practice
- Be the primary technical liaison with the hardware infrastructure contract team for any server issues on our virtualized environment (ops)
- Assist with the integration of new applications as they are added to the tactical environment
- Create and implement interface following Model Based System Engineering approach
- Interface with customers for technical and programmatic items
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Ability to lead the logical systematic conversion of program requirements into solution that acknowledge technical and cost constraints
- Experience with software testing and configuration management
- Familiarity with distributed systems and software design patterns
- Hands-on experience in deploying and maintaining applications in a mission critical operational environment
- Ability to perform many concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation including sequence of operations, technical product literature, programming manuals, specifications and A|E drawings
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Ability to travel approximately 15%
- Systems integration and test experience for tactical applications (Aegis Weapon Systems, CEC, Link16, etc.)
- Have sufficient experience working with complex software systems and applications
- Experience in testing software and test automation
- Familiarity with methodology to perform SW CM and QA
- Have experience working with Aegis Weapon Systems or NAVSEA tactical applications
- Experience using MagicDraw/Cameo
- Experience using architecture framework like DoDAF/UPDM/UAF
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and developers to document, manage and communicate software requirements and software testing results
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organization and planning skills, including attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.